We bring you a lot of stories every single day. Sometimes it’s hard to keep up. So in case you missed anything from our feed, we have rounded up all our stories in one place to get the news at a glance. Here is your Daily Recap for Monday, May 22, 2023.
- Another piece of décor left over from Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration has been removed from Cinderella Castle, leaving just one remaining golden ribbon.
- A new menu, featuring the new Sweet Corn Crème Brûlée and the returning items, is now available at Farmers Feast at this year’s EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival.
- We tried the new Shrimp Cocktail & all-new drink menu at Space 220 Lounge in EPCOT.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A guest reportedly became stuck between a boat and the unload platform at Na’vi River Journey. Emergency services responded to the scene and, according to a few anonymous reports sent to WDWNT.com, cut a hole in the platform to free the child.
- A new plush by Steiff depicting Winnie the Pooh is now available at Die Weihnachts Ecke in the Germany Pavilion at EPCOT.
- A new Monsters University Spirit Jersey is available at Magic Kingdom, in Star Traders of Tomorrowland.
- A new collection of Dooney & Bourke bags commemorating the 20th anniversary of “Finding Nemo” is now available at Magic Kingdom.
Other Walt Disney World News
- According to Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro, the closure of the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, which is set for September, will enable Walt Disney World to claim a tax write-off of approximately $300 million.
- As part of the ongoing struggle for increased pay and improved working conditions, Disneyland Paris Cast Members have called for a strike which would occur tomorrow.
- Ray Stevenson died of currently unknown circumstances on Sunday at 58-years-old.
- An open casting call has just been released for the role of Moana in the upcoming live-action remake of the same name.
- Some major announcements were revealed by Lorcana France TCG at a Ravensburger demo session for Disney Lorcana today, as French stores enjoyed a close-up experience and new information regarding the upcoming trading card game.
- Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro discussed the boundaries of two domestic parks expanding during the JP Morgan Global Technology, Media & Communications Conference. Both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom were mentioned.
- Josh D’Amaro also addressed Disney’s plans to focus their opportunity and expansion on their core assets, claiming additional, regional parks were not of interest to the company at this time.
- The third planned wave of layoffs at The Walt Disney Company has begun, and will impact roughly 2,500 people, after initially only estimated to affect 700. No frontline cast members in the parks are intended to be a part of it.
- Disney Parks Chairman Josh D’Amaro spoke on both domestic and international park performance and investments during the JP Morgan Global Technology, Media & Communications Conference.
Club Mouse Beat 40th Tag クラブマウスビート 40周年バージョン
That’s it for today; we hope you enjoyed this Daily Recap. Thanks for stopping by, and we’ll see you tomorrow!
First Look at Jamie Lee Curtis as Madame Leota’s Floating Head in ‘Haunted Mansion’ MovieMay 10, 2023
REVIEW: Interesting Coconut-Strawberry Lemonade from Red Rose Taverne in DisneylandAugust 17, 2022
‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3’ Merchandise Lands at EPCOTApril 29, 2023